other people's emergencies: random thoughts of an urban paramedic

For more than twenty years I've worked as a paramedic for the city of Boston, Massachusetts. The opinions expressed in this diary are mine alone, and do not represent the views of Boston EMS. Names, dates, locations, and physical characteristics have been changed to ensure patient confidentiality.

Thursday, May 07, 2009

One More Thing...

In response to my previous post, a reader mentioned an organization called "Homes for Our Troops," which builds specially adapted homes for our severely injured veterans. Given how much these troops have sacrificed, this is an an extremely worthy cause, and certainly worth a mention here. Please consider helping them at www.homesforourtroops.org. Thanks!

6 Comments:

Blogger Last Angry Man said...

A worthy and notable organization!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

Hey TS, thanks for the plug...I forget how exactly I found out about that group, but I'm glad I did and I support them as much as I can. It is nice to give to a cause that achieves such tangible and meaningful results.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be plugging this site ASAP. Nice post, TS.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous scannerbuff1 said...

Another great non-profit that helps Soldiers who are currently serving is Local Heroes, based in Wilmington. It's sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, every week they send care packages to Troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've been involved with a few different non-profits, but I have to say that Local Heroes is my favorite, and by far the most fulfilling to volunteer for or donate to.
http://www.mass-localheroes.org/

BTW, you at the Green Line crash just now? It sounds like two trains crashed in the tunnel.

8:44 PM  
Blogger TS said...

Scannerbuff:

No, I'm on military duty again. Man, that just figures. Last night we went to 6 calls--and 5 of them were cardiac calls. I take the night off, and trains crash on my shift. Figures!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous scannerbuff1 said...

Just checked the Herald website, they're reporting nearly 50 injuries. Happened near the Gov't Center station.
Sorry you missed it. Don't worry- you'll get your chance. The Green Line seems to have no shortage of accidents!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!