other people's emergencies: random thoughts of an urban paramedic

For more than twenty years I've worked as a paramedic for the city of Boston, Massachusetts. The opinions expressed in this diary are mine alone, and do not represent the views of Boston EMS. Names, dates, locations, and physical characteristics have been changed to ensure patient confidentiality.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Here We Go Again

I'll be away from the ambulance for another week, for more military duty. This time I'm off to Fort Gillem, Georgia, just outside Atlanta. I fly out in a couple of hours.

This will be a busy week, with only a couple of hours of free time each day. I've written a couple of new entries, but I don't know whether I'll have the time or facilities to post them. We'll see.

In any event, I'll return to the ambulance--and to posting--next weekend.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good, safe trip.

I was wondering if blogger has the post-dated feature? If you can put the date of the post in the future (instead of today's date), your post would post at that time/ date.

What I'm really talking about is the time edit feature. I had a blogger blog and I think it has it.

Don't know if this is helpful or that you'd want to do it...

Joy

11:32 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

TS - Be safe!

Joy - Yes, Blogger offers that feature. I've used it a few times myself on my blog, when I knew I'd be away and wanted something to show up, based on date/time. Not often though.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

You are down in my area!!

3:23 PM  
Blogger The Bus Driver said...

let me know if you get down to fort stewart in georgia. we can do lunch if you have time lol

5:29 PM  
Blogger TS said...

Joy:

It does have that feature. But the Army sent me to Maine overnight, and I was back in Boston for just a matter of hours before flying down to Atlanta, so I didn't have time.

In fact, I do have Internet access down here after all, so if I get a chance, I'll post a couple of things this week.

Thanks for the suggestion.

10:10 PM  
Blogger TS said...

Melissa and Bus Driver:

I've made it to Georgia. I've already had a chili cheeseburger at the Varsity, with Krispy Kreme donuts for dessert. All my favorite stuff!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Last Angry Man said...

Krispy Kreme...warm solid sugar...

Uhhhhh...

*Drool*

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!